Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How many more miles?

Ok, so I resolved to attempt to run 1000 miles in 2012. Uh. Yeah. I currently need to run 989.9 more! That's it! I'm out of the 990's.

Long story short: I'm moving and I've only run twice since the New Year. I suck.

Long story long: I'm moving in with Nick! Yay! This is exciting, but of course it means the stress and fun times that come with moving. I'm lucky because I'm not on a set schedule of "you have to be out of your current place by January ##" but I'm still trying to complete the move as efficiently as possible. I'm currently at about 80% moved, and the remaining ~20% is big furniture, which I don't have much of.

One run a week? Not my idea of a good time, but I know it is temporary. For instance, today's run will be another 5 miles or so, and will bring me solidly into the 980's. Tiny victories.

As I mentioned last week, I'm trying to change a series of small things in 2012. I was going to do one every 3 weeks, but I'm pretty much the best ever at new habits (sarcasm), so bypassing the work candy dish has not been a challenge. I was never too much of a candy monster anyways, so it's definitely not a hardship. Therefore, I've decided to cycle through my "new habits" each week, so I'm building on old habits while starting new ones. That'll total up to hopefully around 50 little changes throughout the year, but they'll be categorized. Since the first was a health/nutrition habit, I'd like to have my next one be some sort of life habit.

1. No more work candy (January 3)

nomnomnom... I mean.. these don't interest me in the slightest!

2. Leave your nails alone, Laurel, they look terrible! Stop picking/biting at my nails (January 10).


Yeah, considering I still can't stop my brain from replaying the time I tripped walking up the stairs 6 months ago, I assure you I would be an utter failure at "self-hypnosis," especially since I find nail picking way relaxing. I'm gross. I know. I'll stop.


What will next week hold?! Who knows!

No comments :

Post a Comment